Category: Monumental Masons
23 Hales Road
Landline: 01242 5...
* Death Directors, * Stone Mason Directors, * Funeral Services, * Stone Masons
Robin Paul was a stonemason all his working life. Apprenticed at E A Emms - an old-established Cheltenham firm - he worked there until the Emms family pulled out in 1978 and he then set up Robin Paul Stonemasons in a garage in Coltham Fields - owned by the Strickland Stone Company.
A skilled craftsman, noted for his attention to detail and his kindly manner, he soon became established, and a chance to buy the Emms property in 1985 meant that he was able to move back to 23 Hales Road.
Robin Paul Stonemasons is still in Hales Road, Cheltenham, and is now very much a family business headed by Robin's son, Kevin.
Kevin learned the skills of stonemasonry from his father at a very young age. At eighteen he went to Weymouth College where he studied and gained formal qualifications. He then spent time working at Wells Cathedral before coming back home to join the family business.
Over the years we have also become well known in Gloucestershire for restoration work on Churches, Private Houses and Public Sector Buildings, working with architects, building contactors and local authorities.
Kevin heads up a team of masons all with their own particular skills, and although we now sandblast and machine cut inscriptions, we are particularly proud of the fact that three of our masons are able to hand cut letters and carve stone - skills still very much in demand.
Below is just a small selection of work that can be achieved in our workshop. You can also browse our gallery for more Memorial options or click here to download a free colour brochure.
Please note all lettering and designs on the following memorials are for illustration purposes only and may possibly not be relevant to your needs. All designs can be tailor made to personal specifications.
In most Churchyards and Cemeteries a Headstone can usually be fixed on a grave six months after the last burial has taken place as the ground requires this time to settle.
If cremated remains are interred into a full grave, a Headstone may be fixed immediately as the ground requires no settling period. All other cremation Memorials can be fixed immediately.
Memorials for Cemeteries
Cemeteries are council maintained and usually allow any natural material. However memorials must comply with the sizes laid down by the Cemetery authorities which in most cases restrict the use of full kerb stones.
Granite is very hard and durable and therefore not affected by the weather. It is easy to maintain.
• Supply and installation of new Memorials
• Adding further inscriptions to existing Memorials
• Full Renovation of older memorials and refixing to current safety standard
• Cleaning older memorials and repainting or regilding of inscription Raising and leveling memorials
• Adding ground anchor to current memorials to meet health and safety regulations
• Supply Bronze Plaques
• Supply Ceramic Photograph
• Supply House name Plaques
• Supply Pet Memorials
• Inspecting and quoting for additional and restoration work free of charge
• We guarantee to keep new Memorials level, free of charge for three years
• Home visits can be arranged- please contact us to arrange an appointment
• Building stone cleaning and restoration
Call or visit our website for more information.